Saturday, June 1, 2013

King's Nursing and Health College

May 20:
Today we went to a nursing school in Accra and were able to teach the students CPR. I would have to say this day was definitely one of my favorite. The students were so engaged and responsive to what we were teaching. They really enjoyed getting to practice the skills. The groups I helped with were especially concerned with how to perform the Heimlich and CPR on the baby mannequins. One group (or student) was especially concerned with what to tell the mother when performing the Heimlich on the baby. We had to run through multiple scenarios with the students addressing the mother's concerns about what we were doing to her baby. These students are amazing critical thinkers and definitely have the skill of thinking outside of the box. At the completion of teaching these students loved having a mini photo shoot. Here are the results of our 'photo shoots'.
 
 The girl to my left in this picture after we finished taking pictures in this classroom she grabbed me and took me to another classroom where there were about 10-15 students. In this room they all wanted to take pictures with me. I was so sad I didn't have my phone or camera with me. I was not able to leave the room until each person in there got a least a couple pictures with me. I'm pretty sure I made a fool of myself:)






 
I loved this day!


1 comment:

  1. the posing with the mannequin is just so awesome!! :) i bet this was just such a great day for them, as well.

    ReplyDelete